Sarasvàti Productions has an internship opportunity for a Production and Tour Coordinator. The individual must be a youth (under 30 years of age) and a post-secondary graduate. The candidate will have completed an undergrad degree in theatre, either with a specialty in production, stage management or cultural management. The role of Production/Tour Coordinator is funded through the Young Canada Works Youth Internship Program in partnership with the Cultural Human Resources Council. It is intended to provide work experience for someone seeking a career in the arts.
The position is for 30 hours a week from August 29 to June 2 at a wage of $11.25/hour.
This individual will assist with production elements for a tour and production of a new play as part of Sarasvàti Productions’ 2016/17 season of works. Tasks will include: assisting the production manager and Artistic Director; contacting high school and youth touring venues and handling tour logistics; coordinating all production elements for a spring production; developing and overseeing a community tour of the production; and creating schedules, budgets and necessary paperwork. Strong communication, organizational, coordination and computer skills required.
The Production/Tour Coordinator will:
• Assist our Production Manager in the final preparations for FemFest, our festival of plays by women for everyone;
• Coordinate the high school and community tour of Shattered;
• Coordinate our March Cabaret of Monologues and its tour to Manitoba community groups;
• Work with a Production Manager and the Artistic Director to coordinate production aspects of the spring world premiere of Breaking Through;
• Assist the Artistic Director with programming, producing duties and other tasks for the season.
We are looking for someone:
• who is passionate about theatre and organizing;
• committed to the idea of the arts as a means of social change;
• excited to be a member of the Sarasvàti Productions’ team;
• keen to learn about the production and touring side of theatre.
Experience in some aspect of the theatrical industry is a must. A valid driver’s license is required.
For more information on the company please visit our website. To apply please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail only to email@example.com. Candidates must also register on the Young Canada Works website – https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.cfm
Deadline for application is July 15, 2016.
For information contact Hope McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org or (204) 586-2236.