PAID INTERNSHIP – EMERGING ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
Sarasvàti Productions is seeking a recent post-secondary graduate from an arts related program as a paid intern. The role of Emerging Artist in Residence is funded through the Young Canada Works Youth Internship Program in partnership with Cultural Human Resources Council. It is intended to provide work experience for someone seeking a career in the arts. Candidates must be 30 years of age or younger.
The position will begin on August 25, 2014 and run until March 20, 2015. The position is 30 hours a week at a pay scale of $10.75/hour.
The main objective of the internship is to serve youth and emerging theatre artists. The Emerging Artist in Residence would be developing programming for emerging artists and also conducting youth outreach for the season of works, with a goal to increase Sarasvàti Productions’ visibility among youth.
The Emerging Artist in Residence will:
- Meet with community groups to develop partnerships for youth involvement;
- Meet with emerging theatre artists to assess their training needs;
- Act as a resource for emerging theatre artists in Winnipeg;
- Develop and plan a series of workshops for emerging artists;
- Develop a plan for youth outreach to coincide with each project in the season;
- Create activities related to projects in the season that will engage youth;
- Create educational packages to accompany productions for youth and students;
- Coordinate a mentorship program for at risk youth;
- Work with local organizations to develop a series of theatre workshops for immigrant youth;
- Attend rehearsals and production meetings to assist with the programming;
- Assist the Artistic Director with programming and other tasks.
We are looking for someone:
- who is an emerging artist and passionate about youth engagement
- committed to the idea of the arts as a means of social change
- excited to be a member of the Sarasvàti Productions’ team
- keen to learn about the programming side of theatre
Experience in some aspect of the theatrical industry is a must.
For more information on the company please visit our website – www.sarasvati.ca. To apply please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must also register on the Young Canada Works website – https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.cfm
Deadline for application is July 4, 2014.
For information contact Hope McIntyre at email@example.com or (204) 586-2236.
About Sarasvàti Productions:
Sarasvàti Dramatic Theatre Productions and Repertory Inc. (founded in Winnipeg in 2000) seeks to inspire artists and audiences through the use of theatre and to provide a place where artists can develop and showcase their skills, and celebrate their creativity.