Sarasvàti Productions has an internship opportunity for an Administrator. The individual must be a youth (under 30 years of age) and a post-secondary graduate who has graduated in the last 24 months but is currently unemployed or under employed. The candidate will have completed an undergrad degree in arts administration, cultural management or theatre. The role of Administrator is funded through the Young Canada Works Youth Internship Program in partnership with the Cultural Human Resources Council. It is intended to provide work experience for someone seeking a career in arts administration.
The position is for 30 hours a week and will run for 30 weeks at a wage of $11.25/hour. Start date is negotiable.
This individual will work on the season of programming for Sarasvàti Productions by handling administrative tasks for productions, workshops and community outreach. Strong communication, organizational, coordination and computer skills required. Please note that this is an office based position best suited to someone who enjoys and has experience working in an office setting.
The Administrator will:
• liaise with partner organizations, youth and emerging artists;
• handle logistics for the various productions in the season;
• assist in coordinating a workshop series for artists;
• organize collaborative workshops for a new project with the newcomer community;
• assist with budgeting and grant-writing;
• institute new database software and ticket processes;
• work with the staff team to develop office efficiencies.
We are looking for someone:
• who is passionate about theatre and organizing;
• committed to the idea of the arts as a means of social change;
• excited to be a member of the Sarasvàti Productions’ team;
• keen to work in an office environment in order to develop skills as an arts administrator.
Experience in some aspect of office administration is a must.
For more information on the company please visit our website – www.sarasvati.ca. To apply please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must also register on the Young Canada Works website – https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.cfm
Deadline for application is July 14, 2017 or when the position is filled.
For information contact Hope McIntyre at email@example.com or (204) 586-2236.
About Sarasvàti Productions:
Sarasvàti Dramatic Theatre Productions and Repertory Inc. (founded in Winnipeg in 2000) seeks to inspire artists and audiences through the use of theatre and to provide a place where artists can develop and showcase their skills, and celebrate their creativity.