Sarasvàti Productions has a paid internship opportunity for a Production and Tour Coordinator. The individual must be a youth (under 30 years of age) and a post-secondary graduate. The candidate will have completed an undergraduate degree in theatre, either with a specialty in production, stage management or cultural management. The role of Production/Tour Coordinator is funded through the Young Canada Works Youth Internship Program in partnership with the Cultural Human Resources Council. It is intended to provide work experience for someone seeking a career in the arts.
The position is for 30 hours a week from August 20 to March 22 at a wage of $11.50/hour.
The Production and Tour Coordinator will assist with production elements for a tour and other programming as part of Sarasvàti Productions’ 2018/19 season of works.
Tasks will include:
• assisting the production manager and Artistic Director;
• contacting schools and youth touring venues and handling tour logistics;
• coordinating all production elements for a spring production;
• developing and overseeing a community tour of a new project;
• and creating schedules, budgets and necessary paperwork.
We are looking for someone:
• with strong communication, organization, coordination and computer skills;
• who is passionate about theatre and organizing;
• committed to the idea of the arts as a means of social change;
• excited to be a member of the Sarasvàti Productions’ team;
• keen to learn about the production and touring side of theatre.
Experience in some aspect of the theatrical industry is an asset. A valid driver’s license is required.
For more information on the company please visit our website – www.sarasvati.ca. To apply please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or information contact Hope McIntyre at email@example.com or (204) 586-2236. Candidates must also register on the Young Canada Works website – https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.cfm
Sarasvàti Productions is committed to equity and actively encourages applications from Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Application deadline: July 31, 2018.
About Sarasvàti Productions:
Sarasvàti Dramatic Theatre Productions and Repertory Inc. (founded in Winnipeg in 2000) seeks to inspire artists and audiences through the use of theatre while creating positive social change in the community.