We are exciting to be adding to the FemFest team. Thanks to core festival funding from the Canada Council for the Arts we are able to bring someone to work on programming and making the magic happen.
PRODUCER – FEMFEST
Sarasvàti Productions is an independent theatre company with a vision to transform society through theatre. FemFest is our signature festival, focused on showcasing female artists. After 15 years of growth, we are excited to be able to welcome to the team a Producer for the festival to work alongside Sarasvàti Productions Artistic Director. The Producer will work on a contract basis from June to early October. As a small organization, each staff is an important member of the team and assists with multiple tasks. It is a team-oriented approach, however the Producer’s main responsibilities will include:
- finalizing programming elements for the festival
- assisting in implementing recommendations from a recent community consultation
- working with the team to coordinate logistical elements
- overseeing follow-up with community groups, potential partners and other arts organizations
- assisting the Artistic Director in outreach and networking
- helping realize the goals of the festival to increase and diversify audiences.
The ideal candidate will bring the following expertise and abilities:
- excellent organizational skills with a methodical and thorough approach to work
- good at juggling tasks and prioritizing
- able to self-initiate and work independently
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work in a team environment
- leadership ability
- strong computer skills
- knowledge of the local arts scene
- as well as a passion for the arts and social change.
Sarasvàti Productions is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
This is a temporary contract position with flexible hours. The rate of pay will be negotiated to match experience. The position will be based out of the Sarasvàti Productions’ office at 242 Cathedral Avenue, but with the flexibility to work off-site.
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail only to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is June 15th or when the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those shortlisted will be contacted.