Tuesday, July 19, 2016
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S WEEK CABARET OF MONOLOGUES
Sarasvàti Productions is seeking monologues for female voices by Canadian playwrights for their annual cabaret to celebrate International Women’s Week (March 5-11, 2017). This year’s theme is ‘Starting Over’ and we are looking to bring the stories of newcomers, moments of transition and new beginnings to the stage. The goal is to reflect a diversity of experience so we are looking for a range of material. Any style is acceptable as long as the piece is under ten minutes in length and written for a female character. Royalties will be paid for use of the monologues.
-a letter detailing the monologue’s production history, including whether it is from a larger script or a stand alone piece
-a copy of the monologue
-a two-line synopsis of the piece, presenting the context and character
-a short playwright bio (maximum 100 words)
Deadline is September 1, 2016.
All submissions must be e-mailed to:
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
On August 28th join Larry Isacoff for a 90 minute “Ease into September” Yoga class. The first half of the class will be a Gentle Flow and the remainder of the class will be devoted to a restorative practice.
• The cost is $25.00. All proceeds will be donated to SARASVATI PRODUCTIONS.
• August 28 from 1:30 to 3:00PM.
• Class will take place at the Winnipeg Yoga Centre, 915 Grosvenor Avenue.
• Bring your own mat, all other props will be provided.
• Class size is limited so please try to reserve your space by emailing Larry at email@example.com.
• Payment can be made with Cash, Cheque made out to SARASVATI PRODUCTIONS or Credit Card. Credit card carries a 75 cent fee.